Final (due 12/9)
The final project can be whatever you would like. There are no guidelines except that it should be personal. This is your moment to add a brick to the digital village, a flower to the online garden, a droplet of water in the cloud. Consider all the websites you’ve looked at and visited. Which ones offer the kind of space you’re interested in making? What kind of space would you like to add to the corridors of the web? What feels missing? Consider starting a project that you will continue to work on/maintain into the future. As they say: "the web is always under construction"…
Consider the amount of time you’ll have to work on this (about six weeks) when planning the scope of this project. Plan to have rough sketches——mock-ups or HTML & CSS groundwork——done by beginning of the week 12.
Some ideas (but not all!):
- Your personal homepage (could be a portfolio or something different)
- A project you’ve had in mind for some time
- A collection of sketches or smaller websites
- An extension of your practice
- A piece of a project from outside class
- An elaboration on a project that we’ve worked on in class already
- Doesn’t necessarily have to be “large” but should be solid in concept and craft
- A unique domain name (not officially required as it will need to be purchased — but recommended)
- How can or should this website be viewed?
- Who do you expect to visit this website?
- How can it be found? How might it connect to the physical world?
- How might it grow, change, adapt in the future?